Friday 11 March 2016

Standard Werewolves for Frostgrave

I've had these Mantic werewolves knocking around for quite a while now. Since I'm putting on another Frostgrave game for Kyle tomorrow I decided to finally finish them off.

 

 

 

Standard Frostgrave werewolves are a sort of hybrid between man and wolf, so I thought these looked the part. The models are plastic and are ok I guess, although I still think the heads are too small. Thought long and hard about whether to finish the bases with a snow effect. Was tempted, but in the end decided not to. I've gone for a woodland floor effect that matches my existing woodland terrain - quite a bit of which will feature in tomorrow's game.

I have a fair bit of terrain created now for various games and whilst I do like the idea of a snow covered landscape, I just don't think I could make a whole new raft of snowy terrain for Frostgrave...

I also need a wagon for tomorrow, so spent this evening making this one from 4ground. Not made one of these before and can't decide whether to paint, wash with ink or leave untouched?

 

 

I'll be acting as GameMaster again tomorrow, so hopefully will find the time to grab a few photos.

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm not really into Frostgrave, but love the fact that you guys all seem to be digging out your old unused and inloved figures and transferring them to Frostgrave. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray! Frostgrave feels a bit like a skirmish version of Warhammer 3rd Edition ('Oldhammer'). Not so much in the rules, but the feel of the game. So yes, lots of old models finally seeing the light of day a getting a lick of paint!

      Delete
  2. I'm not really into Frostgrave, but love the fact that you guys all seem to be digging out your old unused and inloved figures and transferring them to Frostgrave. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete